*The scholarship(s) will be available in the amount of $500, and good for one year.
*Scholarship award winners may apply and receive the scholarship only once.
*Applications will be available through the KATS website or from the scholarship chairperson.
*Applications need to be mailed to the scholarship chairperson and must be postmarked by February 15th.
*The recipient will be selected on a combination of academic achievement, character, athletic training abilities, desire to pursue a career in athletic training, and must be a current member of the KATS organization.
*Recipient(s) will be notified of scholarship award by March 1st.
*Awarding of the scholarship will take place during the KATS annual meeting at the District V MAATA Annual Symposium. Scholarship award winner(s) will be expected to be present at the meeting and will receive complimentary registration to the meeting.
- Applicant must be currently enrolled and working as an athletic training student at the collegiate level in the state of Kansas.
- Applicant must be a current student member of KATS (if you are a student member of the NATA you are automatically a KATS member).
- Applicant must have a Cumulative and Major GPA of “B” or higher.
- A Certified Athletic Trainer in current good standing with the Kansas Athletic Trainers’ Society and the National Athletic Trainers’ Association, must endorse applicant. A Certified Athletic Trainer may endorse only one applicant.
- It must be the intent of the applicant, that he/she pursues the profession of athletic training.
- Applicant are required to complete and submit all application materials as presented.
- An official transcript must be included with application materials.
- Applicant must obtain three letters of recommendation from persons they feel would best judge their qualifications and abilities in the areas of academics and athletic training. One letter should be from the endorsing athletic trainer. The other two may be from individuals best able to judge qualifications and abilities (academic department head, team physician, professor, counselor, coach, etc). All letters should be placed in sealed envelopes with a signature across the seal. Letters of recommendation should be returned with all other application materials.
- Applicant must submit a current resume with application.
Please mail all application materials to: