*The scholarship(s) will be available in the amount of $500, and good for one year.
*Scholarship award winners may apply and receive scholarship only once.
*Applications will be available through the KATS website or from the scholarship chairperson.
*Applications will be returned to the scholarship chairperson and must be postmarked by February 15th.
*The recipient will be selected on a combination of academic achievement, character, athletic training abilities, desire to pursue a career in athletic training and must be a current member of the KATS organization.
*Recipient(s) will be notified of scholarship award by March 1st.
*Awarding of the scholarship will take place during the KATS annual meeting at the District V Convention. Scholarship award winner(s) will be expected to be present at the meeting and will receive complimentary registration to the meeting.
- Applicant must be currently enrolled and working as a student athletic trainer at the collegiate level in the state of Kansas.
- Applicant must be a current student member of KATS.
- Applicant must have a Cumulative and Major GPA of “B” or higher.
- A Certified Athletic Trainer in current good standing with the Kansas Athletic Trainers Society and the National Athletic Trainers Association, must endorse applicant. A Certified Athletic Trainer may only endorse one applicant.
- It must be the intent of the applicant, that he or she pursues the profession of athletic training.
- Applicant is required to complete and submit all application materials as presented.
- An official transcript must be included with application materials.
- Applicant must obtain three letters of recommendation from persons they feel would best judge their qualifications and abilities in the areas of academics and athletic training. One letter should be from the endorsing certified athletic trainer. The other two may be from individuals best able to judge qualifications and abilities (academic department head, team physician, professor, counselor, coach). All letters should be placed in sealed envelopes with signature across the seal. Letters of recommendation should be returned with all other application material.
- Applicant must submit a one-page resume with application.
Download the application [pdf]. When you have completed it, please send it toSteve Zimmerman, LAT, ATC
1109 N Tulane
Liberal, KS 67901
Previous Scholarship Winners2007: Annalea Epp (KU) and Kelsey Roberts
2008: Johnathan Blake (WU) and Kersten Schmitz
2009: Erin Sample (KU) and Ashlyn Fuller
2010: Jenica Moore (WU) and Megan Cole (KU)
2011: Amy Garrison (KU) and
2012: Dan Fletcher (WU) and Nicole Hergert (KSU) 2013: Garrett Nicol (WU) and Breana Hamilton (KSU) 2014: Shelby Tajchman (WU) and Kristin Bell (WU) 2015 Kristyn Watts (WU) and Austin Dodds (WU)
2016 Jaden Butcher (KU) and Matthew Gorby (KU)