KATS Hall of Fame Requirements and Application
The highest honor a member of the Kansas Athletic Trainers’ Society can receive is induction into the KATS Hall of Fame (HOF). KATS invites nominations of eligible and deserving candidates for this most prestigious honor to be recognized for their contributions to the profession of athletic training.
To be eligible for this award, any worthy individual, regardless of race, creed, sex, or physical disability, based on contributions to the athletic training profession who have brought distinction to KATS or been recognized as having given superior service to KATS. To be eligible nominees must also meet the following guidelines:
- Nominees must be a current KATS member in good standing, or retired BOC certified Athletic Training, and nominated by a current KATS member.
- Nominees must be a member of the NATA for at least twenty (20) consecutive or non-consecutive years.
- Nominees must have worked in the State of Kansas for at least five (5) consecutive or non-consecutive years.
- Deceased KATS members who did not meet the years of membership requirement may still be eligible for induction based on significant personal achievements, service to KATS, or the athletic training profession.
- Non athletic trainer nominees (physicians, legislative representatives, healthcare professionals, etc) may still be eligible for induction based on significant contributions to the profession of athletic training in Kansas or the KATS organization. Examples include volunteer service, writing of legislation, hiring and promoting athletic trainers, or superior advocacy for the profession.
- All applicants must have a clean professional record. Any disciplinary action, criminal record, or objective evidence to show questionable ethics or character will disqualify a nominee.
Nominations may be submitted by any voting eligible member of KATS to the KATS Public Relations Director. In addition to a letter of recommendation by the nominator of the nominee, two (2) supportive letters of recommendation are to be included from:
- An employee (administrator, physician, coach, etc.) from the nominee’s current or past place of employment, and
- A Certified Athletic Trainer who has worked with the nominee in some professional capacity (on committees, boards, place of employment, etc)
These letters should detail the character of the individual, contributions to KATS, and the athletic training profession, which would make the nominee an appropriate choice for the KATS HOF.
Completed applications should be to the Executive Board no later than September 1 for review. If the Executive Board finds the nominee worthy of induction, they shall be informed of such honor by September 15. The inductees will be inducted at the KATS Annual Business Meeting and Symposium in November. The inductees will also be announced in the KATS newsletter, KATS social media accounts, and sent to the MAATA and NATA News. The Executive Board shall not induct more than three members into the Hall of Fame in any given year.
Hall of Fame Application