Kansas Athletic Trainers’ Society (KATS) Student Scholarships
- The scholarship(s) will be available in the amount of $500 and good for one year.
- Scholarship award winners may apply and receive the scholarship only once.
- Applications are available through the KATS website.
- Applications need to be completed through the KATS website in full by February 15.
- The recipient will be selected on a combination of academic achievement, character, athletic training abilities, desire to pursue a career in athletic training, and must be a current member of the KATS organization.
- Recipient(s) will be notified of scholarship award by March 1.
- Awarding of the scholarship will take place during the KATS annual meeting at the District V MAATA Annual Symposium. Scholarship award winner(s) will be expected to be present at the meeting and will also receive complimentary registration to the MAATA meeting.
- Applicant must be currently enrolled as an athletic training student at the collegiate level in the state of Kansas.
- Applicant must be a current NATA student member.
- Applicant must have a Cumulative and Major GPA of “B” (3.0 on 4.0 scale) or higher.
- An athletic trainer in current good standing with the Kansas Athletic Trainers’ Society and the National Athletic Trainers’ Association must endorse the applicant. An athletic trainer may endorse only one applicant per application cycle, however they can write letters of recommendation for more than one applicant.
- It must be the intent of the applicant that they will pursue the profession of athletic training.
- Applicants are required to complete and submit all application materials as presented.
- An unofficial transcript must be uploaded as a PDF from the university/college housing your program.
- Applicant must submit a current resume with application.
- All files must be saved with applicants last name, criteria (ex. lastname_resume)
- Applicant must obtain three letters of recommendation from persons they feel would best judge their qualifications and abilities in the areas of academics and athletic training. One letter should be from the endorsing athletic trainer. The other two may be from individuals best able to judge qualifications and abilities (academic department head, team physician, professor, counselor, coach, etc.). All letters will be uploaded through the KATS Scholarship link on the KATS website by the letter writer.
Student Scholarship Application Letter of Recommendation Form