Athletic Training Locations & Services (ATLAS) Project
The ATLAS Project emerged from previous research conducted by KSI on behalf of the National Athletic Trainers’ Association (NATA) with the primary intention of developing a real-time database of athletic training services in secondary schools throughout the U.S.
Three studies served as the platform from which the ATLAS Project was launched in January of 2016.
- Athletic training services in public secondary schools: a benchmark study
- Athletic trainer services in US private secondary schools
- Athletic trainer services in public and private secondary schools
Info Needed for the ATLAS Survey
- School contact information (street address, town, state, zip code)
- Number of students enrolled in school
- Number of athletes involved in organized sports at the school
- Number of sports offered at school (men’s and women’s counted separately)
- Credentials/specialty of MD who signs off on standing orders (if applicable)
- Credential of athletic trainer completing the survey (optional)
- BOC #, state license #, and National Provider Identification (NPI) # if applicable